Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Welcome!

Happy New Year to anyone reading this. I started Little Lunchbox as a way to pack lunch in a greener way. To cut down on waste going into landfills on a daily basis. I started packing my son's lunch this way for preschool and pretty soon other mothers were asking about his lunch boxes. A lightbulb went off in my head, and "aha" moment if you will. And Little Lunchbox was born.

I wanted to do a blog as a place to share lunch ideas and swap information with other mothers. Unfortunately, I'm not much of a writer. I'm sure you'll agree after reading this! This is where my dear friend Colleen came to the rescue. She is in fact a writer and a mother. Colleen offered to oversee the blog posts for me and help me not make a fool of myself.

So, what is Little Lunchbox? It is an online store which sells reusable lunchboxes for children (or adults who like cute boxes). As of right now I offer 6 different box designs and hope to add more in the coming months. The goal of the boxes is to replace plastic bags and individually wrapped portions of food and to cut down on waste. My son likes take his super hero insulated lunch bag, so I pop his Little Lunchbox, a cloth napkin and reusable drink container in the bag and he's set for the day. For my younger son, who wants to be just like his big brother, I pack his snacks for the day in his box and that keeps him happy while we're out and about.

I'd love to hear from you if you have any questions or tips to share on packing a waste free lunch.

Be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment