Friday, January 8, 2010

An Introduction

Hi. I'm Colleen. Like Terri said in that last post, I'll be helping her out here on the blog, so I thought I'd introduce myself before we get started. I live on the other coast--the West one--in Los Angeles (I can see the Hollywood sign from my kitchen table). Terri and I met in 1991 where we worked at an espresso bar in Studio City, California and we've been fast friends ever since--even though she ditched me three years ago for New York City (I'm not bitter, I swear).

I homeschool my 14-year-old son (you can read about our exploits here) and I write a monthly article for our local newspaper. I aim for simplicity, green living, and a frugal lifestyle but I don't always hit the mark. That doesn't stop me from trying, though!

The idea behind the Little Lunch Blog is to provide parents with useful information on all sorts of topics, while bringing more traffic to Terri's site, thus promoting her fabulous Little Lunch Boxes. What kind of information? you ask. Well, here are a few ideas:

  • Healthy recipes (that fit neatly into a Little Lunch Box)
  • Frugal living
  • Simplicity
  • Crafts
  • Living lightly on the earth
  • Family fun
  • And anything else we want to share

So that's the basic idea. Let's get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment